The 4047ET Custom Reserve tenor is the new, signature model of Mr. Enzo Turriziani, Principal Trombone of the Vienna Philharmonic and Vienna State Opera Orchestra.
After nearly two years of behind-the-scenes consultation, development, and testing we are extremely excited to officially introduce the trombone world to the next generation of Custom Reserve tenor trombones with the help of one of the world’s finest trombone players.
Built on the foundation laid by the original 4047DS, the 4047ET showcases an impressive list of new design features that include:
- A New Single Radius, Yellow Brass Sheet Tuning Slide Bow
- Our Patented, Harmonic Pillar System (includes one hard and one soft pillar)
- An Interchangeable, Sterling Silver Leadpipe (exclusive to the 4047ET)
- A Specially Weighted & Tempered, Dome Bronze Rotor Insert
- Newly Developed, Enhanced Handslide Construction Techniques
- A Genuine, Olivewood Trigger Paddle
- New Custom Reserve “Elk Head” Bell Engraving
In addition, the 4047ET Custom Reserve shares many of the same design elements that made the original 4047DS trombone so popular.
- Asymmetrical bracing that incorporates the use of both nickel silver and yellow brass, creating a balance within the bracing that adds to the harmonic resonance.
- Enhanced, Getzen PowerBore rotors combine the tried and true benefits of a conventional rotor with proprietary improvements including specially machined passageways and variegated rotor caps.
- “DS” Dual Edge Bracing derived from the famous Edwards Instruments Edge Bracing design. This innovative bracing frees the bell section from inherent stresses caused by traditional, more invasive bracing systems. Improving both response and overall resonance/liveliness of the trombone.
- A wide-style handslide with solid nickel silver cork barrels for added strength and mass in the inner handslide assembly.
The 4047ET Custom Reserve comes standard in a fiberglass, vegan leather case. The case features adjustable interior padding, removable shoulder and backpack straps, and a zippered exterior pocket perfectly sized for tablet storage. The case is highlighted by the premium, vegan leather exterior wrap. The high-grade material gives the luxurious look and feel of genuine distressed leather with the added benefit of abrasion, water, dirt, oil, and ultraviolet resistance. The fiberglass construction of this case provides much more protection than a typical gig bag while being much smaller and lighter than a traditional wood shell case.
The pre-production model is shown. The actual production model may vary.
- Tuning Slide
- Sheet yellow brass, single radius bow
- Hand Slide
- Solid nickel silver cork barrel assembly
Hand straightened nickel silver inside tubes (chrome plated with barrel shaped stockings)
Hand straightened, yellow brass outside tubes with nickel silver oversleeves
Large diameter, yellow brass end crook
Interchangeable sterling silver leadpipe
- 8½” diameter, yellow brass with sheet stem and unsoldered rim
“B” Mandrel taper
- Getzen PowerBore conventional rotor with variegated rotor cap and insert
Open wrap F attachment
- Special Features
- Singular patented Harmonic Pillar System
“DS” yellow brass Edge Bracing
Asymmetrical bell section brace system
Custom Reserve “Elk Head” bell engraving
- Griego CS5
- Clear lacquer or bright silver plate (satin finish available)
- Satin Lacquer = Brushed lacquer finish
Bright Silver Plate = Bright, high-luster silver plated finish
Satin Silver Plate = Brushed silver plated finish
- Warranty Coverage
- Platinum Lifetime Warranty
- AC-C-4047 Fiberglass Vegan Leather Case